Trailer Buddy Stainless Steel Trailer Wheel Bearing Protector - 2.441A #07655
Trailer Buddy bearing protectors are perfect for boat trailers. They provide excellent corrosion resistance and are entirely made of stainless steel. The design makes it an easy way to protect your trailer's bearings by keeping water and dirt out and ensuring proper grease levels in the hub.
- All Stainless Steel Construction
- Sold as a single item (not sold in pairs)
- Helps to prevent wheel bearing failure
- Eliminates water and dirt from entering wheel hubs/bearings
- Prevents corrosion and pitting of bearings
- Zerk grease fitting allows grease to be added easily
- Maintains slight, controlled pressure (3 psi) with spring-loaded piston, preventing water, from entering hub
- Prevents overfilling and rear seal damage with automatic pressure relief feature
- Grease seeps around piston edges and into the barrel when full
- For use with 2.441" hub bore
- Works with KODIAK 12" Hub/Rotors
- Use with the 23B grease cap bra covers
How they work:
The axle hub is filled with grease until the grease forces the piston outward about 1/8 inch. Because the piston is spring-loaded, the piston exerts a slight (3 psi) pressure against the grease, which maintains a slight pressure between the inside of the hub and the outside environment. When the hub is submerged, water cannot enter the hub because of this pressure. An automatic pressure relief feature prevents over-filling and over-pressurization.
Bearing grease can be added to the wheel hub through an easily accessible grease/zerk fitting located in the center of the piston. Grease level (and pressure) can be checked quickly by pressing on the edge of the moveable blue indicator ring. If you can rock or move the indicator ring, the hub is properly filled.